"The first blessing of parenthood is loving so deeply someone you've never ever met."

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's a "Pit-Stop"

Tonight I write/type because I am so sad. My heart is just sobbing. I love my life, I love my family, I love my friends, I love the strong relationships we have formed with so many, I love my culture, I love my religion, I love my beliefs, but I HATE CHANGE! Change is something I have been trying to cope with for a long time. It is something I agree with, something I know that is right, something that is coming, yet something I have NEVER been good at.

We have lived here in Hayward and managed our 32 unit complex for the past four years. It has been the biggest blessing as we began managing as newlyweds and started our little family here in this apartment. As managers, in compensation we have received free rent, and a small monthly salary. Through the past four years along with managing I have either worked a part-time job, a full-time job or been able to stay home. Of course my favorite of the three scenarios has been being able to stay home with my children. It (managing) has given me the opportunity to have the BEST bonding time, and “getting to know you” time with my children. I am lucky; I have a husband who has a great job, who loves us, and who works hard to pay all of our accrued and current bills. We had all three of our children while living here. We have grown to love our neighbors as our family. Some of the best relationships we have with others have been formed here at “Morpark.” I have ALWAYS felt safe living here. There was a time where 6 other units surrounding us were my family members. At that same time there was a total of 11 units that were members of the church. Also at this time out of the 32 units (not including ours) 10 units were Samoan families, and 2 units were Tongan families. Hence, I have always felt safe and felt this isn’t just a “complex” but a “community.” We have always looked out for each other, borrowed a cup of sugar, a dozen of eggs, gel, hairspray, or even cars lol from one another.

Our unit, is right in the center of the complex. If you enter into the parking lot our complex is U shaped. Our unit is set right in the center of the curve. 26003. Many know that number. Missionaries who are tracking on our long street often come by to use the restroom or the telephone, or get a drink or a bite to eat, or even just to rest their feet. We’ve been a “pit-stop” for MANY. Others come by to visit the kids, some come by because they’re already in the area and need to save gas, so they wait at our home, some come by to watch our free cable (lol), some come by to use our computer, some come by to do their laundry, some come by to sleep on their lunch break, some come by to bring us sweets/goodies, some come by to play dominos or cards, some come by to see what kind of snacks my kids have or what I’m cooking for dinner, some come by in the middle of the night to sleep on our couch, and some come by just to say hello. No matter who comes by, they are ALWAYS welcomed in our home. I cry thinking that we are now moving a little further, and all of these “some come by to…” won’t quite be so often.

We know moving to San Mateo is where our family needs to be at this time, but it’s coping with the change that is difficult for me. Thank goodness I know that in the end as long as I have my husband and my children, my homesickness will clear and go away. There is no other person in this world I would rather go through my “change” with than my One in six-billion, my own prince that has brought me peace.


Pic: Missionaries stopping by unannounced + kids in and out playing dominos & cards = Missionary work & FHE time :) "MORPARK!!"

2 comments:

  1. awwww...ii LOVE iT! & ii LOVE THA JAMZ! THEM ARE ALL MY JAMZ! AHAHA. WE FiNNA MiSS YA'LL PAHULU FAMiLY! WE LOVE ALL OF YA!

    P.S. ii LiKE THiS BLOG THiNGY..ii THiNK iMA USE iT iN RENO! YEYAAAH! THANX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooo hooo hop on the blog train lmbo. Actually Mona got me started on it..i guess Utah folks use it a lot. I like it b/c its SOOO MUCH EASIER to type a journal than write in my journal. I'ma eventually print these out and just add them to my journal lol. So hop on! get a blog, so we can hear all the coop happenings in Reno :) Love you too!

    ReplyDelete